Traveling to Brasil?
If you are planning to travel to Brazil, please make sure:
- Brazilian children, when not traveling with both parents, require a document indicating the travel authorization by both parents, or by the one who is not present at the trip entering and leaving the country. The accepted travel authorization by the Brazilian authorities (PF) are:
- Brazilian valid passport of the child with the travel authorization included
- Brazilian document called ‘Autorização de Viagem Fora do Passaporte’ – please note that the Brazilian Consulate in Vancouver has recently updated this procedure and is accepting this document to be issued with a valid passport, which included a Canadian passport
- Check out the current travel requirements to enter Brasil visiting the website below when planning and immediately before traveling to check for any possible updates: https://www.gov.br/anvisa/pt-br/assuntos/paf/coronavirus/viajantes/entrada-no-pais
- It is also highly recommended you verify with the airline company you chose to travel in regards to their protocols in place to check-in to travel specially when leaving Brasil.
- Also, please note that the rules and requirements to enter Brazil apply to both foreign and Brazilian citizens