We publish some selected benefits for you to consider to get engaged with our association at this level of volunteering:
Volunteering connects you to others
- Make new friends and contacts
- Increase your social and relationship skills
Volunteering is good for your mind and body
- Combats depression, counteract the effects of stress, anger, and anxiety
- Increases self-confidence
- Provides a sense of purpose and belonging
Volunteering can advance your career
- Experience valuable job skills such as with communication, some job routines as punctuality, discipline, logistics, and other depending on your area of training for work
- Exposure to professional organizations or internship such as event management, bookkeeping, marketing, and others
Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life
BCA-AB Volunteering Benefits
The current BCA-AB board of directors (2019-20) is committed to develop a policy for rewarding the valuable contribution of volunteers to the organization and the capacity to deliver its mandate.
Therefore we have implemented a routine for the computation of volunteered hours at all BCA activities since October 2019 to the moment. In addition, it is under consideration a system to apply for rewarding of hours according with a level of contribution also to be developed. Rewarding initiatives under consideration include for instance free admission tickets to Brazilian events, or other ones BCA is a partner such as GlobalFest, participation along with the significant other in Volunteer Recognition events. If you would like to submit a suggestion, please click HERE
We also highlight the importance of the revenue received from AGLC for the work of the Association’s volunteers at the biannual casinos in the Province, subject to drawing for date assignments. In case you want to sign up to contribute as our volunteer in our next casino, please checkout the related info published at he sub-menu CASINO.