2023 REVEILLON BRAZILIAN STYLE
YES! We will have a celebration this year!
- SORRY WE ARE SOLD OUT FOR THIS EVENT
- December 31st, 6:30pm
- Dinner at 7:30pm
- Our cultural program features:
Eduardo Mendonça & Musicians from Show Brazil (Seattle)
The soul of the Brazilian Culture in high energetic performance. Internationally recognized and respected Show Brazil!, well known throughout the Northwest from events such as Bumbershoot and Brasilfest, has delighted audiences in the United States, Brazil, and Canada for over twenty years. The ensemble features accomplished performers.
Show Brazil!’s bandleader and Music Director Eduardo Mendonça, a native of Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, traces his lineage to a royal African family bearing the hereditary title of Mamabeka (“prophet of the royal court”), as documented by the Instituto Geográfico e Histórico da Bahia. Eduardo had the honor to play for Pope John Paul II’s welcome to Brazil, former South Africa President Nelson Mandela (Seattle, WA – USA – 1999), Brazilian President João Baptista Figueiredo (Brazil 1979), the 14th Dalai Lama (Seattle, WA 2008) and was also featured in a Paul Simon documentary video in 1991.
Eduardo performed at many events in Calgary in a band arrangement with local musicians at many of our past events such as Carnaval, BrazilFest, and Reveillon. As a solo, he performed as the opening guest artist for the shows in Calgary of on Geraldo Azevedo (2007) and Guilherme Arantes (2019).
Eduardo is a singer, plays guitar and percussion. At Réveillon 2023 he is performing with Show Brazil Band members: David Pascal (bass) and Ted Bohn (trombone).
- 6:30pm door open
- 6:45 to 8:45
Facepainting & Balloons
- 7:30pm Buffet Dinner
- 8:30 Dance Show
- 8:35 “Marchinhas” Dance workshop for kids of all ages
- 10pm Eduardo Mendonça & Band
- 11pm Samba Show with Samba Brazil Heritage Dance Group
- 11:30pm Eduardo Mendonça & Band
- 12 Midnight count down with Eduardo Mendonça & band
*Subject to change
DINNER is BUFFET Style
• Beef Stroganoff (cooked cubed beef and mushrooms seasoned in tomato sauce, and cream)
• Pork tenderloin (roasted), seasoned to taste & wrapped with bacon, served with pineapple
• Wild Pink Salmon seasoned with passion fruit and onions, baked
• Rice – choice of basmati white or festive with raisins
• Green salad (mixed young leaves) with grape tomatoes, seasoned with salt, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
• Potatoes wedges roasted
• Aspargus seasoned with salt, minced garlic, and olive oil
• Desert: vanilla ice cream with red berries sauce
- Red and White Wine
- Rum & Coke
- Sparkling Wine (espumante)